Internship: regulations for non-EU students

If you want to do an internship in Holland as a non-EU student, there are a few things to consider.

Internship: part of programme in Holland or abroad?

The question to answer first is whether the internship would be part of a study programme in Holland or a study programme abroad.

This will determine whether you need a work permit, the type of residence permit you need, the maximum internship remuneration that you can receive tax-free and whether social security contributions need to be deducted.

For more information on either of these scenarios see the NUFFIC website:

Internhsip as part of programme in Holland

Internship as part of programme abroad

Last Modified: 23-04-2015