Are you searching for housing or would you like to change your accommodation? Leiden University intermediates between housing agencies and prospective international students to find housing for a period of up to 2 years before your arrival. Students in the IBP program can apply for special housing for that programme.


If you are a PhD student, please contact the housing office who will refer you to the options available. If you want to change your housing, you need to contact the housing agency you are currently renting from.

Students with a disability

Students with a disability often require extra facilities in their domestic environment. These might be modifications to their home, or the location or the size of the student house. If you need additional facilities in your home environment, you should send an email detailing your requirements to the housing office. You should do this well in advance of your departure as it often takes some time to find suitable accommodation. If you have any problems, you can email: fenestra@plexus.leidenuniv.nl   

For more information about housing, see the housing website for international students.

Last Modified: 03-07-2017